Digital marketing is arguably the most common method of marketing as well as the most effective. It involves using the internet, mobiles and tablets, social media, and other methods in order to grab the attention of customers. With over 3 billion people using social media there is no doubt that you are guaranteed to reach valuable customers that will be interested in your product or service. Another factor to digital marketing is that it is relatively inexpensive or even free in some cases, meaning you can cut the costs spent trying to reach the relevant target audience.
For anyone wanting to really make the most out of their sales and marketing I suggest looking into Hubspot, I am a Hubspot Partner in Edinburgh so I can help you with that as needed.
Digital Marketing Examples
- Content Marketing – Creating and establishing content for a specific target audience. This type of marketing ensures to produce relevant and consistent content in order to drive customer attention.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – Gaining traffic to your website through organic search engine results. You need to ensure that relevant keywords are being used to ensure that you are attracting the correct customers.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – This aims to increase the visibility of a website in individuals google search results through paid methods. These could be Google ads for example, ensuring your business is at the top of the search results page.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – This is simply using social media channels in order to market your product or service and attract individuals. As previously stated, there is over 3bn people on social media exposing your company to a wide variety of potential customers.
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC) – Marketers pay a fee every time people click on their ad. Essentially, you are paying for visitors rather than letting them visit your site organically. This heightens the previous stated point about using correct keywords, as if you are paying for each visitor, you want to make sure they are going to complete a transaction.
- Email Marketing – The tried and true method that has been around for years and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. If individuals opt in to receive emails a business can send out promotional emails in order to market their products/services. Top tip: make it eye catching and relevant to ensure you attract the customer
Benefits of Digital Marketing
The main benefit that is devised as a result of digital marketing is the ability to meet a specific audience at a low cost. It can be noted that social media marketing is a great choice for businesses in order to reach a large demographic. Alongside this, there are many other benefits:
- It is measurable.
- It allows you to reach individuals quickly as a start-up.
- Access to billions of different individuals.
- Having the ability to use SEO allows you to attract valuable customers.
- Results in improved conversion rates.
- Can increase your revenues and return on investments.
In summary, there is a variety of different digital marketing techniques that all aim to drive attention to your business. There is options available to every marketer, no matter the budget. It is important to do research as well as experiment with different digital marketing methods in order to devise which is the best option for your company. But like all things, you generally need a freelance web developer to set up the technical framework to be able to market your business.